The mission of RHHP..

The mission of RHHP is to provide a Christian community setting where persons of various cultures learn from each other, the surrounding neighborhood, and life in Baltimore city. We believe that people's lives are blessed by being part of faith communities.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

It was a sad day.....

Isacc, my favorite MTA driver
Yesterday was a sad day in my commuting life. Isaac, who had been driving the #5 bus route for the past few months, will be reassigned to another route next week. In a city claiming the title of Charm City but not known for its customer service, he is a beacon of cheerfulness and courtesy. He drives carefully without the lurching starts that many drivers make. He always makes sure that the elderly are seated before pulling away from the curb. He greets his passengers with a kind word. It is great way to start the commute.

Each morning, he greets all his passengers with a cheerful smile. He often waits an extra 30 seconds when he sees a passenger hurrying to the bus stop. When I am slow to get out the door, he will linger at the stop across from our house for an extra few seconds to see if I will come charging out the back door! Since I was out of town until Thursday, yesterday was my first day this week to take the bus. He actually was happy to see me and told me he was glad that we had a chance to say goodbye! He said that he had been honking his horn to make sure that I was not missing my ride. (Another regular on the bus attested to that.) When I arrived at my regular stop, we shook hands,wished each other the best and parted ways.

I will miss him. but knowing that he is around spreading his good cheer makes me feel a little better about this city. I hope we get another driver like him.

No comments: