The mission of RHHP..

The mission of RHHP is to provide a Christian community setting where persons of various cultures learn from each other, the surrounding neighborhood, and life in Baltimore city. We believe that people's lives are blessed by being part of faith communities.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fruit of my labor....sort of




Out of my compost pile sprang a couple of melon plants. One is a cantaloupe which is producing a few fruits. Here is the first of what I hope will be a crop of at least three or four fruits. Thank goodness I was able to pick it before the rats got to it. It is as big as my head! (It is not an optical illusion.) It's fragrance filled our pantry as we waited for it to ripen. It was as sweet and succulent as any of the cantaloupes we bought this summer. It was sweeter because it was a surprise gift from the garden.

No comments: